Select Comments From Thrutch

This page shows a selection of comments made at Thrutch. At the moment it is updated manually, so to be sure to see the latest comments, or to comment on a comment, please go directly to: amitghate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I was disappointed you (Thrutch) directed us to the R. Campbell Mazzo thread.

The whole debate, from its starting point (Ayn Rand's issues with Evolution), was a dog's breakfast of speculation, knee jerk reaction to non-essentials and abundant mis-use of concepts (e.g. "instinct" is an anti-concept). There were some interesting points among the mess, but not enough to warrant the patience it took to get to them.

It's beyond me why people spend time responding to the nonsense of such as Robert Campbell. Their rationalism and crude manner are too common on Objectivist blog/discussion sites. The best solution is to ignore them and the sites that give them a voice.

Mazzo, and Hsieh, surely have smarter and happier things to do. I know I do, which is why I generally come to Thrutch. I'm afraid that link was a let down.

--
Posted by Richard Bramwell to Thrutch at 4/08/2006 07:58:33 AM